Facial acupuncture is a natural anti-ageing treatment involving the insertion of fine hair-like needles into specific points on the face (and body).
What is Facial Acupuncture?
Also known as cosmetic acupuncture, facelift acupuncture, facial rejuvenation or revitalisation acupuncture, facial acupuncture has a long history. Records show that facial acupuncture was practiced on the Chinese Emperors’ concubines in Ancient China!
Based on the traditional principles of acupuncture, facial acupuncture is much more than a cosmetic procedure. It enhances health and beauty. It’s a holistic revitalisation process which works at a deep level stimulating physiological healing processes to help the whole body look and feel better.
Today, more men and women are turning to facial acupuncture as a natural non-surgical alternative to facial injections, fillers and chemical beauty treatments.
A skilled and experienced facial acupuncturist, Judy trained with Los Angeles based Virginia Doran, a recognised expert practitioner and world authority in Facial Revitalisation Acupuncture. Judy is a registered member of Cosmetic Acupuncture UK.
Benefits of Facial Acupuncture
- Increased blood and lymph circulation to the face
- Improved skin tone, moisture and texture
- Enhanced skin colour and balance (whether too red or too pale)
- Increased collagen production
- Reduction in facial lines, furrows and wrinkles
- Eyes are brightened
- Eye bags may be reduced or eliminated
- Facial puffiness reduced or eliminated
- Muscles in the face and neck toned and tightened, double chins minimised
- Droopy eyelids, eyebrows, jowls and turkey necks can be lifted and toned
- Pore size regulated
- Visible stress lines diminished
The effects of facial acupuncture vary according to the prior condition and lifestyle of the patient. In some cases facial acupuncture may erase as many as five to fifteen years from the face. A study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture (1996) of 300 subjects treated with cosmetic facial acupuncture in China, showed marked effects in 90% of cases after just one course of treatment. The effects are cumulative with results progressing throughout the course of the treatment.
NATURAL GLOW Acupuncture Facial (50 mins)
A highly effective basic facial enhancement acupuncture treatment which refreshes and revitalises the face and eyes, improves skin tone and colour, sculpts the face and tightens the neck. This natural facial is ideal for the younger client wanting to offset signs of ageing or for a quick ‘tone up’ before an important occasion.
- Chinese Facelift massage (tui na)
- Body balancing acupuncture
- Facial acupuncture
- Cleanse and tone with natural gentle hydrolats of essential oils
COMPLETE RADIANCE Deluxe Age Defence Acupuncture Facial (100 mins )
This heavenly East meets West anti-ageing facial combines the powerful effects of traditional facial acupuncture points, contemporary cosmetic acupuncture techniques and advanced professional skincare products to give extraordinary results.
In addition to hydrating, toning and sculpting the face and neck and enhancing the eyes, this intensive and rejuvenating age defence facial also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, blotches and pigmentation and lift the face. Ideal for ageing or tired skin.
- Cleansing and exfoliation using advanced professional skincare products
- Body balancing acupuncture
- Scalp ‘facelift’ acupuncture to help lift the face
- Facial acupuncture
- Intra-dermal fine needling to stimulate collage production and reduce fine lines, furrows and wrinkles
- Needling and/ or use of advanced professional skincare products to help address areas of pigmentation and other problem areas
- Skin hydration boost using hyaluronic serum and other advanced moisturisers and serum depending on your skin type
- Relaxing deep facial and neck massage
The needles used are even smaller and finer than those used for traditional body acupuncture. They are inserted gently and carefully. Some clients find it so relaxing they fall asleep during the treatment!
Your facial acupuncture treatment concludes with a wonderfully relaxing facial acupressure massage. Overall the treatment lasts 50 – 100 minutes depending on the treatment option chosen and the extent of work to be undertaken.
Facial Acupuncture is contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Doran, V. (2007). An Introduction to Facial Revitalisation Acupuncture. European Journal of Oriental Medicine, Vol 5, No. 5.
- Thambirajah, R (2009). Cosmetic Acupuncture. Churchill Livingstone
- Zhang, P. (2008). A Comprehensive Handbook for Traditional Chinese Medicine Facial Rejuvenation. Nefeli.
- Zhang, Q. And Zhu, L. (1996). Meridional Cosmetology: Report of 300 Cases with discussion of Underlying mechanisms. The International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture, pp 401-405.